Posted on 2020-11-06
By KOBI-TV NBC 5/KOTI-TV NBC 2
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is seeking a full-time Meteorologist to join our NBC5 News team. We are a Weather Company station providing excellent graphics and tools for our weather team. Job duties for this position include:
• Gathering meteorological information from weather services and satellite feeds
• Presenting informative and dynamic weathercasts during daily newscasts
• Preparing computer-generated weather reports using a weather graphics system
• Radio weather reporting
• Live remote reporting
• Daily use of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Reporting on news weather events, as required
This position works 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• College degree and/or equivalent meteorology experience
• On-air weather experience
• The ability to carry approximately 50 pounds of camera gear
• Knowledge of meteorology, weather gathering, and associated equipment
• The ability to professionally report news on-air
• Writing, editing, organizational and reporting skills
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position.
Please send a link to your reel, and cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email to email@example.com or to the physical address below:
Craig Smullin News Director
KOBI TV NBC5/KOTI TV NBC2
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
1. The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
2. The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer