TV Multimedia Journalist
Posted on 2020-09-23
By KOBI-TV NBC 5/KOTI-TV NBC 2
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley, Oregon is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Multimedia Journalist to join our news team. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion, as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing story ideas and story leads
- Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
- Present live shots
- Developing content for social media platforms
- Producing news stories on a hard deadline
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent
- Strong background in reporting, shooting and editing
- Knowledge of news gathering and production
- Strong writing, reporting and organizational skills
- Ability to work professionally in high pressure situations and without supervision
- The ability to work well with the news team, independently, and with the general public
Please include a link to your news reel.
This is a full time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email or to the physical address below:
Craig Smullin, News Director
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3 year driving record check and a 7 year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position.
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
- The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
- The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
- Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer