Posted on 2020-02-14
By KDEN Telemundo Telemundo
- Write and produce newscasts and other programs as needed, assist in creating rundowns and coordinate all elements needed to provide content for a one-hour show.
- Lead the delivery of scripts and video in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Support Web/Mobile and Social Media platforms as needed.
- Responsible for the creation of the newscasts and other news programs as needed
- Work directly with Assignment Editors, Anchors, MMJ’s and production crews.
- Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts.
- Select, assign, write and organize news stories.
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
- Monitor and maintain on-going breaking news story while on air.
- Coordinate and plan future community and social story developments.
- Work, review and supervise Video Journalists for accuracy, consistency, balance, storytelling and writing style.
- Editing skills to edit video clips, packages and news content for newscasts and digital media.
- Write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals.
- Back-up producer for other station newscasts and/or special programs.
- Work with producers and news management on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
• BA or BS in Journalism or related field.
• Two to four years producing live television newscasts.
• Video editing skills to edit video clips, packages and news content for newscasts and digital media.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and exceptional command of broadcast writing skills, is indispensable.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• Fully bilingual, Spanish/English, with emphasis in Spanish.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadlines in a fast paced news environment.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado area and travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights, holidays and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary and/or when assigned.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have outstanding command of Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume.
• Ability to develop/produce/write a story in-depth.
• Connect the viewers & newscast with social media, surveys, opinions, calls, etc.
• News judgment with solid ethical news judgement.
• Excellent Spanish, reading, writing and speaking skills.
• Solid English, reading, writing and speaking skills.
• High innovative and creative nature.
• Ability to perform under hard time deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer