Sports Executive Producer
Posted on 2020-01-30
By ESPN Chicago
WPTV-NBC NewsChannel 5 and WFLX FOX 29 in West Palm Beach are looking for our next Sports Executive Producer to join the Good Karma Brands team. The ideal teammate will positively represent the station and company both by virtue of the produced product on the air and via our visibility in and connection to the local community with which we serve. In addition, the right teammate will understand the goal of Good Karma Brands’ ultra local coverage plan that is based on the motto “if we don’t shoot it, we don’t show it” and accordingly adhere to format style and standards. As the Sports Executive Producer you will be responsible for creating, producing and managing groundbreaking stories. This teammate must also be able to perform under pressure and on deadline, while managing a team of talent, producers, reporters, shooters and interns.
Good Karma Brands owns Deportes Radio 760 AM and ESPN 106.3 FM, West Palm’s sports radio stations and is contracted via E.W. Scripps Company to manage and fully-operate the television sports departments for WPTV & WFLX.
Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary. All GKB full-time teammates are eligible for full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities. This role will require teammates to work evenings and weekends.
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. Radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, eight ESPN affiliated radio stations and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.
Daily Tasks include:
- Lead and manage all on air talent, producers, reporters, shooters.
- Oversee all content that makes air.
- Oversee & produce the 6pm,10pm, &11pm sportscasts on both WPTV and WFLX.
- Oversee & produce extended shows on Friday and Sunday nights.
- Oversee & produce all special shows including but not limited to the Boca Raton Bowl, Honda Classic, etc.
- In-person produce actual sportscast as often as 5 nights a week.
- Abide by our “if you don’t shoot it, you don’t show it” motto and fully understand and carryout the entire sports vision as determined by WPTV/ESPN West Palm leadership.
- Compose & distribute daily, weekly, monthly and yearly schedules.
- Expectation to monitor talent social media accounts and uphold Scripps social media policy for all on-air talent.
- Serve as a conduit for day to day relationship between WPTV News Director and Good Karma team
- Expectation to keep your manager/ESPN West Palm leadership briefed as necessary & relevant
- Ability and expectation to shoot as often as, on a daily basis.
- Proficiency and/or familiarity with cameras, Final Cut Pro, Avid iNews and posting content on the web is important.
- Understanding of ESPN West Palm internship program and expectations of experience GKB strives to provide
- Previous management experience preferred.
- 3+ years of producing experience preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and a link to your resume tape to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer