IT Systems Admin
Posted on 2020-01-13
By KOB-TV Hubbard Broadcasting
The IT Systems Administrator will be a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a
timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties. This position will perform multi-tier support in all
aspects of Information Technology Operations, including support of IT infrastructure used in Broadcast Operations. The IT Systems Administrator
will be responsible for completing tasks assigned by the IT Manager or Chief Engineer.
- Install and configure new equipment, hardware and software components.
- Perform tests and evaluations on new software and hardware, troubleshooting as needed or requested
- Repair or replace damaged hardware.
- Upgrade system as needed to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Install and upgrade anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Provide support to all station personnel as the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Train station personnel on new systems.
- Communicate in a cooperative and professional manner; establish good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Conduct weekly backup operations and routine software configuration updates.
- Create system drawings of broadcast circuits in the tech core.
- Document standard operating and emergency procedures.
- Assist Engineering with Broadcast Operations when needed.
- Adhere to project schedules and specifications.
- Work hours may vary, including overnight and weekend assignments.
- Must be available for emergencies and other assignments when needed.
- Must maintain confidentiality of data at all times.
- Complete other duties as assigned by IT Manager or Chief Engineer.
- At minimum, two-year post-secondary technical or IT degree, or equivalent experience, license, or certification;
- At least two years of related work experience in essential job functions.
- Additional relevant experience may be used as substitute for educational requirement, and vice versa.
- Knowledge of information technology relevant to essential job functions including:
- Windows-based server administration and associated user workstations (including Microsoft Exchange),
- IP Networks,
- Network and File System Security
- Previous technical experience in broadcasting or media is preferred.
- Familiarity with streaming media concepts and techniques, including digital video and audio compression standards such as MP3, WAV and MPEG is preferred.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of
a relationship to the requirements of the position.
- Must be prepared to take initiative as well as follow direction when required.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Works well under pressure, meets tight deadlines.
- Able to attend meetings as required. Able to work other hours or alternate schedules including weekends, holidays, early mornings and evenings as needed, as assigned
by the management or required to complete a project or task.
- Must be available to travel for company business as required
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Builds working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Acts in a professional manner when representing the Company.
- Thinks logically, strategically and tactically and articulates information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Reports to work on time and works established schedule/hours.
- Communicates in English both verbally and in writing
Ability to sit and work at a computer screen for periods of time. Ability to crawl, stoop, bend, lift overhead, and walk to reach equipment for evaluation, repair, and adjustment. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in a confined area. Good vision to see computer screen. Read, hear and speak clearly. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Must be able to read and interpret instructions, schematics, and service manuals. Manipulate computer and general office equipment, including telephone. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to drive/operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer