Part-time Master Control Operator
Posted on 2019-12-15
By WMUR TV Hearst Television
WMUR has an opening for a Master Control Operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams, Digital streams, and productions. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, timing them and making sure they all play properly.
- Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast.
- Maintaining on-air operation to include running commercials, network, and local programming.
- Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
- Operate Imagine Communications Automation equipment.
- Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
- Observing transmitters and taking readings.
- Maintains program and transmitter logs.
- Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists.
- Monitors and operates News field reception equipment for news content acquisition.
- Acquires content from various distributors.
- Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Attention to details is imperative.
- Applicant must be able to multi-task.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Hearst Television
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer