Posted on 2019-12-12
By CareerPage CareerPage
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for a Chief Engineer in the Department of Journalism, Broadcasting and Public Relations. Reporting to the department chair, the Chief Engineer is responsible for overseeing and maintaining media and broadcast operations. This is a 12 month position.
- Manages media equipment inventory; maintains and cleans equipment; maintains computers and software; troubleshoots malfunctions, and makes minor to intermediate repairs according to standard procedures and operating manuals.
- Oversees sign-out and return of portable equipment and develops policies regarding late returns and damaged/lost equipment. Adds bar codes, security tags, and updates and assures accuracy of equipment database; investigates missing, lost or overdue equipment.
- Hires, trains, schedules and manages student workers who support equipment sign-out and editing/field gear support.
- Provides training and instruction for faculty, staff and students on using media software and hardware; provides technical advice, training and hands-on assistance as requested; assures effective communication of policies and procedures.
- Provides technical support to faculty, staff and students on media equipment; provides hardware, software, connectivity and compatibility troubleshooting functions and installation support.
- Makes recommendations to faculty on multimedia and video equipment and software use, and on design and production techniques for materials and presentations; assists with development of special multimedia products as requested.
- Compiles and maintains departmental records and statistics related to all media facilities, such as equipment use, supplies use, and inventories, repair and service records, and relocation status.
Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.) degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university OR an Associates Degree in broadcast engineering or electrical engineering and three years of full-time experience in television and/or radio operations; experience in broadcast engineering or radio and/or television operations; demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and maintain broadcast operations; and, proficiency with computer software systems such as Adobe Software.
Advanced degree in related field; prior teaching or training experience at the two or four-year college level; broadcasting and/or multimedia related certification; knowledge of FCC regulations; and, knowledge of current video streaming technology.
HOW TO APPLY:
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurances, retirement and generous paid time off.
Interested candidates should apply online at Brockport College and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references. Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer