Master Control Operator
Posted on 2019-12-12
By WNNE TV/WPTZ TV Hearst Television
White River Junction, VT
NBC5/WPTZ, a Hearst Television station, seeks a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking individual for our Master Control team. This full time position is responsible for the equipment that provides the content for our broadcast on-air program streams. You will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product and documenting transmission events.
- Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast on three channels.
- Maintaining on-air operation to include running commercials, network and quality signals.
- Monitor multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
- Operate Harris Automation equipment.
- Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
- Observe transmitters and take remote readings.
- Maintain program and transmitter logs.
- Execute, edit, update and append daily playlists.
- Acquire content from various distributors.
- Troubleshoot and communicate issues and discrepancies with other MC and Engineering staff as needed.
- General computer and software experience required.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn specialized software applications.
- Good vision, with or without correction, is mandatory.
- Knowledge of VizRT graphics is a plus.
- Prior experience with television operations and newscast production is a plus.
- Will train the right candidate.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer