Posted on 2019-11-13
By ESPN Chicago
Beaver Dam has been the heart and soul of Good Karma Brands since it was founded there in 1997. Approaching 70 years serving the local community, the radio stations have been supercharged through the recent launch of both 95X and DailyDodge.com. GKB Beaver Dam now boasts the leading news/information/sports radio station (WBEV), a hit music station (95X), and the community’s go-to resource for news (Dadilydodge.com).
With our growing and award-winning stations and digital services, we are searching for a Traffic Director, based in Milwaukee, to lead and oversee traffic and continuity for WBEV and 95X! Good Karma Brands is searching for someone who has extreme attention to detail and thrives in working within tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a high level of communication skills while being reactionary and quick to respond with solutions to daily requests.
Celebrating 22 years, Good Karma Brands has made its name known in the community by leading the local sports world and now it’s time to expand. If you want to be part of a winning team and think you have what it takes, check out the career description below and apply at email@example.com.
Good Karma Brands offers a competitive base salary. All fulltime teammates receive full benefits including 401k plan, health & dental insurance, paid parental leave, and opportunities for salary growth through growing their responsibilities.
Opportunity For Growth:
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
About Good Karma Brands: Good Karma Brands is primarily a media and marketing company with an expertise in leveraging the power of sports to build brands. In addition to Beaver Dam, radio assets include Newsradio 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, and seven ESPN affiliated radio stations. In partnership with ESPN, GKB offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl. GKB owns Verizon Wireless retail stores specializing in concierge service, and a home furnishings and design business called the Home Market. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity employment, development and advancement to all current and potential teammates.
The Role of a Traffic Director:
The primary role of a Traffic Director is to lead and oversee traffic and continuity for WBEV and 95X while working with local sales & content teams to ensure accuracy with daily commercial logs, format changes and clocks.
Daily Tasks of a Traffic Director:
• Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard and Over Deliver
• Lead and oversee traffic and continuity for GKB Beaver Dam (WBEV and 95X).
• Work with local sales team to schedule inventory and maximize revenue
• Complete daily logs and confirm accuracy including making changes to formats and clocks as directed by content team, market manager or management team
• Reconcile daily logs for billing purposes and other duties as assigned
• Work in-conjunction with the Home Office to fulfill all co-op needs for the company
• Serve as the backup for traffic in other GKB markets when applicable (Radio Traffic and Wide Orbit)
• Be proactive in creating and finding solutions to daily challenges throughout the office and GKB
• Proactively put forth best practices as it relates to traffic standards
Preferred knowledge, skills and qualifications:
• Must have previous radio/broadcast traffic experience (previous experience in Radio Traffic and/or Wide Orbit systems preferred)
• High level of communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and enforces tight deadlines
• Reactionary to daily requests and quick to respond with solutions
• Passion to be a part of a team and the ability to work independently, but not afraid to ask questions when needed
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Personal sense of responsibility and accountability
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – a multi-tasker.
• Willingness to accept and provide feedback
• Persistent and driven to succeed even when faced with adversity
• With this career, you are required to hold a valid driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm CT on Friday, November 22, 2019.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer