Posted on 2019-11-12
By KRQE-TV New Mexico Fox KBIM-TV KREZ-TV Nexstar
KRQE Media Group, a CBS Affiliate in Albuquerque, NM has an immediate opening for a Broadcast Engineer. In this position, you will operate, maintain, update and repair hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations for the station.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station.
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions.
- Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts.
- Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, work stations and printers.
- Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel.
- Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Job Req #: 1137
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer