Junior Administrator and Technical Support Specialist
Posted on 2019-11-05
By KCFR, KVOD, KVOQ Colorado Public Radio
The Junior Administrator & Technical Support Specialist is responsible for assigned tasks relating to all aspects of Colorado Public Radio’s information technology systems, including servers, workstations, networking and related components. These aspects may include reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating desktop, network and server systems operations; responding to requests for installation, service, and applications support; documenting support activity, and identifying ongoing training and maintenance issues. This position will be supporting end users in a corporate environment with desktop, laptop, telecommunications, network, application and server problems. This person provides help desk and technical assistance for end users by responding to inbound calls or through placing outbound calls to follow-up on unresolved issues. This is a full-time, non-exempt position which occasionally requires work outside of normal business hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the IT team in maintaining Windows, Linux and Mac servers and workstations.
- Assist IT team to maintain maximum uptime of network infrastructure.
- Assist in maintaining and configuring Microsoft Active Directory.
- Install, configure and maintain servers, workstations and related systems.
- Assist in maintaining and configuring Group Policy.
- Assist in maintaining and configuring networking services on Windows and Linux such as DNS, DHCP, SMB/CIFS, RDP, HTTP/S, SMTP, SSH, SFTP, FTP/S, media streaming, VPN, and NFS.
- Maintain and configure scripting programs (batch, Powershell, BASH, Python).
- Handles problem recognition, research, resolution and follow-up on client issues related to Windows/Linux/Mac hardware and software – as well as general office equipment.
- Maintain network security policy.
- Check and maintain data backup systems.
- Assist in maintaining legal compliance with all licensing.
- Performs 1st and 2nd level client support.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4 year college degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related degree. Real world experience in the competencies listed above can be substituted for a college degree.
- 3 years or more experience in Windows server and workstation administration.
- 3 years or more experience in Linux server and workstation administration.
- 1 year or more experience in Mac administration
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of radio specific applications a plus
- Possess certification related to the field
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Junior Administrator & Technical Support Specialist" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer