Sports Anchor/MMJ-KASW, JR022054
Posted on 2019-10-09
ABC15 in Phoenix is looking for a Weekend Sports Anchor/Multimedia Journalist. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, writing, producing, shooting and editing sports segments, capturing visual content for all station platforms, anchoring and/or reporting newscasts. Must be an innovative thinker who demonstrates strong digital and social media skills to lead our sports coverage on these platforms.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 52 television stations in 36 markets, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape, Laff and Court TV; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Receives assignment or evaluates sports leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Enterprises daily stories to develop content that actively engages a cross-platform audience.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration.
- Will be assigned fill-in sports anchoring as needed.
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Write and produce quality sports stories for all station platforms.
- Assists with on-air and online production of all sports material, including content for social media platforms.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce sports stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws Requirements.
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems. Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested in this opportunity, please apply online at http://scripps.com/careers.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer