Posted on 2019-09-17
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
The Video Editor will edit various stories as assigned by the newscast producer or news management to enhance the KTBS news product. Organizes and edits raw video into a continuous sequence according to scripts or other instructions for newscasts and other projects or programming
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Must be able to work professionally under deadline and with other co-workers.
* Must be able to multi-task and be ready to shift gears as news events can and will change during the working day.
* Must be able to edit complete stories including MMJ packages, Vo’s, Vo / Sot’s and other elements needed or assigned for each newscast.
* When necessary the Video Editor will assist other staff members in locating and gathering video from file or other sources to enhance their story or the newscast.
* Must acquire and be skillful in using the Non-Linear editing software provided by KTBS LLC.
* Must be able to retrieve file video from different sources including video tape and digitize that video in the proper format for use in the newscasts.
* Must be a reliable employee who will arrive at work on time and be ready to perform all the duties assigned.
* Must have knowledge of the different computer systems that are required to gather video from outside sources. (Web, On Air, You Tube, FTP etc.)
* Work well as a team as well as being a self-motivator and able to perform the duties without direct supervision.
Education and Other Requirements:
* High School Diploma
* B.S. In Video Production or other Vocational / Technical Institution
* Prior video editing experience is preferred but not required
Clear driving record and satisfactory pre-employment drug test required. EOE
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume/application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: KTBS, VE-1 PO Box 44227, Shreveport, La 71134-4227
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer