Posted on 2019-09-04
By KOLD World Now
KOLD-TV in Tucson, Arizona has an opening for a full-time News Editor. Primary duties include: editing video and audio for newscasts, tuning in of live video signals, recording live video feeds and uploading video to shared video services. Basic computer skills and the ability to learn technical skills are also required. Applicant must work well with others, be creative, detailed oriented and good communication skills. Previous experience is preferred. Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, mornings and holidays.
- Ability to edit video and audio for news casts using nonlinear editing software(Edius)
- Editing includes video, audio and other sources to help tell the story on air.
- Creativity in ways to edit and tell these stories with dynamic visuals, editing and interesting ways.
- Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft Office Applications and programs to tune in live shots.
- Tuning in of live video feeds, routing of video feeds and capture of video feeds.
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgement while following journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a collaborative manner with co-workers, supervisors and viewers.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts when necessary, including overnights and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer