Assistant News Director
Posted on 2019-08-30
By SC Broadcasters Association
WACH Fox is seeking an experienced, hands-on Assistant News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold, energetic style.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
· Assist managing the station’s daily news operations, execute established goals, and direct the staff
· Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
· Work closely with the news director, local and corporate management to establish news content, philosophy and direction
· Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to assigned news staff
· Assist the news director with recruiting and hiring news department personnel
· Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, understand ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
· Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
· Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts.
· A minimum of two (2) years experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer