Posted on 2019-08-15
By KCFR, KVOD, KVOQ Colorado Public Radio
The Colorado Public Radio Controller will have overall responsibility for financial management, budget, compliance and reporting. This position supervises a small staff and will provide financial analysis to inform organizational decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounting activities for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information including financial reporting to the Board and other constituencies as requested, monthly financial statements, and the annual audit.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls, procedures and systems to improve overall financial operations and accountability.
- Participate in the business planning process, working closely with department heads to develop departmental budgets and assemble the organization budget.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management, including leases and working with the CPR investment manager.
- Work across the organization on payment processing systems.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and engagement among the department staff.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations and ensure legal and regulatory compliance relative to financial functions.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports, including grant reporting.
- Complete other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA license is preferred but not required.
- At least five years of experience as a controller or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of systems, Great Plains experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Controller" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer