Director of Technology
Posted on 2019-08-13
By NHPR New Hampshire Public Radio, Inc.
NHPR is an independent and trusted source for news and information and New Hampshire’s only statewide radio news service. Based in Concord, the state’s capital and political hub, NHPR’s newsroom, digital team, and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production. NHPR is the winner of the 2015, 2017 and 2018 National Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence.
The station has grown steadily over the years. In 1981, NHPR had 500 members; today it has over 22,000 contributing households. In 1981, there was a single transmitter serving the Capitol Region; today, NHPR reaches all corners of the state from 16 transmission sites. As a statewide network, NHPR is committed to serving as interlocutor bringing the different regions of this state together. Each day NHPR delivers local content reported by NHPR’s award-winning reporters and producers, as well as national and world news from National Public Radio (NPR). NHPR is the exclusive outlet for NPR News in the Granite State.
New Hampshire Public Radio seeks a Director of Technology (DoT) to work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and leadership team in providing strategic and tactical leadership for the technology needs of NHPR. The DoT oversees broadcast operations, information technology, engineering functions, broadcast transmission/distribution services and a suite of digital products and delivery systems. The DoT is responsible for planning, developing and maintaining the station’s technical infrastructure. He/she serves as Chief Operator of all FCC licensed facilities, ensuring full compliance with FCC rules and regulations, CPB standards and other applicable laws and policies. The Director of Technology manages a full-time staff of three technology professionals as well as independent contractors and vendors.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in a technology leadership role, ideally in broadcasting.
· Demonstrated expertise in managing and supporting computers and network infrastructure
· Experience with digital audio formats and technology for mobile and emerging platforms.
· Experience with FM Transmitters, antenna systems, digital and analog broadcasting equipment, satellite technology, FCC rules and regulations for licensed broadcast facilities and public broadcasting preferred.
· Excellent strategic planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Previous experience managing personnel and budgets.
· Ability to effectively analyze, appraise, evaluate and solve problems of an organizational, administrative and technical nature.
· Experience evaluating and negotiating contractor and vendor bids
· Outstanding customer service skills.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
· Bachelors degree in electrical or computer engineering, information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
Personal Characteristics Desired:
· Passion for NHPR’s mission.
A pragmatic, collaborative, team-oriented leader with highly developed relationship building skills; adept as an influencer and consensus builder.
Creative, versatile, intuitive and driven; mission oriented.
· An unquestioned reputation for integrity and ethics; a strong character that will quickly gain the trust of others.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested and qualified, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Office: (410) 528-8400 ext. 109
New Hampshire Public Radio believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer