News Graphics Manager
Posted on 2019-08-06
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
We are seeking a News Graphics Manager to join our fast-paced newsroom environment. Skills must include the ability to direct and operate all live news technical equipment involved with on-air broadcasts. The ideal candidate will have strong graphic design, motion graphics, and coding backgrounds. This person should have excellent communication skills, a good eye for design.
Ability to lead and mentor a growing team of artists/technical directors, must have expert technical skills in VizRT software and have a portfolio to show for it. We are looking for someone who is an authority on best practices and has the vision to create technical systems which will enable the team to iterate quickly on work. This leader will be critical to the team’s ability to scale quickly.
· Work to develop standards and teach team best practices to quickly output high quality work
· Identify, mentor and develop talent
· Expert knowledge of VizRT, Adobe Creative Suite, C +, VB Script, HTML5
· Management experience of news technical directors and graphic / animation artists
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
· Self-motivated and proactive.
· Engineering Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences or similar
· Operational and Technical expertise of the Vizrt Graphics Products
· Experience as a graphics operator within a Broadcaster
· Experience as a trainer, preferably on VizRT broadcast graphic.
HOW TO APPLY:
Satisfactory pre-employment drug test and clear driving record required. EOE
Email resume/application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: NGM-1, Box 44227, Shreveport, La 71134-4227
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer