KTVF-TV, Broadcast Operator
Posted on 2019-07-31
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTVF/KXDF/KFXF has an opening for the following position:
Television Broadcast Operator
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
KTVF/KXDF/KFXF are the NBC, CBS and MeTV affiliated stations serving the interior of Alaska with award winning local news, great entertainment and public service to the Fairbanks community. KTVF and KXDF, our news producing stations, have been the launching point for many journalists and producers who have moved up in the ranks and are now successfully filling key roles in stations throughout the country.
KTVF seeks a detail oriented Television Broadcast Operator to join our team. This position is part of the team that controls broadcast automation equipment to deliver and monitor on-air television programs. This position is shift work and may include nights, weekends and holidays. Benefits include 401k retirement, health plan, and paid holidays/time off. Starting pay is 12.00 per hour.
• Operate video and audio switching/routing equipment to deliver programs, station breaks, and announcements on-air according to pre-established program logs.
- Make programming changes according to established guidelines in the event of program discrepancies or emergencies.
- Record programming discrepancies in detailed station Discrepancy Reports.
- Record programming changes in station program log.
- Monitor transmitter operation and reports deviations or malfunctions.
• Punctuality is vital. Must have dependable transportation.
- Ability to learn the operation of broadcast automation equipment for television broadcast.
- Ability to learn television terminology and procedures, keep detailed records.
- Ability to make rapid mathematical calculations and basic computer literacy/typing/keyboarding.
- Ability to perform tasks while under pressure to maintain deadlines.
- Make program change decisions independently using established guidelines.
Previous experience is a plus!
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please go to: https://gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.