Posted on 2019-07-11
By WAVA Radio
Salem Media Group in Washington, DC is seeking a full-time Assistant Engineer for its 5-station cluster to perform the following tasks:
Assist Chief Engineer in monitoring the overall technical operation of the stations to ensure compliance with FCC, Federal, EPA, OSHA, State, and local regulations
• Assist with the installation, maintenance and legal operation of all audio, electronic and broadcast transmitting equipment necessary for the stations to function
• Assist with facility upkeep and repairs in all station studios and at transmitter sites.
• Instruct and assist operators in the proper operation of the station’s broadcast equipment, FCC procedures and requirements, and any computer equipment necessary for the operators to perform their required duties. Help train board operators and programming staff in using computer software, operating systems, and all equipment.
• Readily demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with department heads to promote the company’s interests and success
• Responsible to follow all Salem policies & procedures
• Reports directly to the Chief Engineer
• Assist with remote broadcasts and personal appearances where electronic equipment is involved.
Qualified Candidates should have:
High power AM/FM transmitter and RF experience, including HD Radio.
Knowledge of programming automation systems is preferred
Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
Experience with Audio Over IT (AOIT)
Experience with Axia system is preferred.
Valid driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Visit Salemmedia.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer