Posted on 2019-07-11
By Local 22 and Local 44 Nexstar Media Group
WFFF/WVNY-TV in Colchester, VT is seeking an experienced Meteorologist with a compelling on-air presence, possessing excellent story telling capabilities and a passion to be the best. This is a great opportunity to become part of our news team. The Meteorologist will exude personality, intelligence, and credibility both on and off the camera in this high-profile position and play a role in developing our weather team presence in the marketplace. Meteorological certification is a must.
In addition, your duties will include representing the station at various community events and conducting visits to various schools throughout the region.
- Works closely with the Chief Meteorologist to develop comprehensive weather coverage
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- 2 years experience in weather reporting or anchoring preferred.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Proficiency with Barrons Radar a plus.
- Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer