Administrative Assistant/Programming Coordinator
Posted on 2019-07-10
By WHNT-TV Nexstar Media
The primary focus of the Administrative Assistant is to handle a wide range of administrative, executive and programming support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little supervision. The individual in this role must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting key station personnel by handling correspondence, producing and filing reports and projects with tight deadlines, usually of a confidential nature. The ability to interact with staff, our clients and our viewers is crucial in this position. A high degree of professionalism and confidentiality is mandatory.
Reports to: General Manager, WHNT
- Produces weekly programming schedules and updates to be distributed internally and externally
- Assists accounting department with reconciliation of program amortization and contracts
- Handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of General Manager
- Collects and prepares data for quarterly FCC programming and children’s reporting
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks on behalf of GM simultaneously
- Makes appointments, greets visitors, and maintain confidential office files/records.
- Receptionist fill-in duties as needed. Plan station-wide events/meetings/lunches, etc.
- Ensures all proper correspondence and documents are maintained in the FCC public file
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years’ administrative and/or customer service experience required
- Experience with multiple line phone system required
- Email, computer and word processing experience required
- Positive, proactive personality
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer