Mid-day On-Air Host/Asst. Music Director/Digital Lead
Posted on 2019-06-24
By SC Broadcasters Association
Cumulus Media | Charleston is looking for a dynamic Mid-Day On-Air Host / Assistant Music
Director / Digital Lead for Top 40 WSSX – 95SX. We are seeking a passionate, positive and goal-oriented individual. The ideal candidate must be able to generate excellent content to distribute on-air and on-line. Must be a true team player and work well with others. Candidate will be expected to be connected to the community, and available for many station appearances. Must have a good understanding of CHR music and be able to develop relationships with record reps for 2-way information flow. Be social media savvy and take the lead on digital for the station.
Who We Are:
Cumulus | Charleston currently features 5 stations in the Charleston area and surrounding
counties. Our stations include: Z93 WWWZ-FM Urban Contemporary, 1250 WTMA-AM Talk Radio, 107.3-FM Magic our Urban Adult Contemporary Station, 95SX WSSX-FM plays Top 40 music, and 96.9 The WOLF is Classic Hits. The cluster of 5 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
What we offer:
· Competitive pay
· Professional growth and career path
· Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask
“what if” and try innovative solutions
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
· 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
On-Air - 5 hour show (Live) weekdays 10-3pm and weekend on air shift, including
production. Must be available for minimum (2) non-paid, community/station promotion
based appearances per month as deemed necessary by management, and paid
appearances as required.
Assistant Music Director – responsibilities include:
· Compile weekly charts/research/record rep information
· Join Program Director for weekly music meetings to discuss and give input on song
· Keep 2-way information relations with record reps, getting their weekly updates and
relaying back to them music decisions made by the station.
Digital Lead – As Digital Lead person for the station responsibilities include:
· Be responsible for achieving digital based goals such as web traffic, streaming, and
social media as laid out by the station’s Program Director
· Drive the station’s social media initiatives including leading staff training, best
practices, and collaborative creative sessions.
· Daily social media posts
. Execute local text based initiatives such as promotional Text Blasts and local
· Compose and deliver promotional email newsletters on a weekly basis
· Responsible for occasional social media posting after office hours for special events
or breaking news (ex: TV Music Awards, local evening concerts, popular artist
Must have a good speaking voice and be able to communicate to at-work listeners by
crafting creative concise powerful breaks. Experience with adobe audition, all social media
platforms and basic business software/hardware (ie, Microsoft Word) are requirements.
Minimum of 2 year commercial radio experience is required, no exceptions. This is not an
entry level position. Candidate must have an ideal mix of personality and skills specific to
the broadcast industry. Must have confidence and temperament to meet and interact daily
with listeners and clients on the phone and at public events. Good client customer relations
skills are a must. Must work well in a team environment with other on-air talent, listeners,
promotions teams and sales staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.cumulusmedia.com/work-here/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer