Mid-day On-Air Host/Digital Lead
Posted on 2019-06-24
By SC Broadcasters Association
Cumulus Media | Charleston is looking for a dynamic Mid-Day On-Air Host / Digital Lead for
WWWZ-FM Z93 Jamz Charleston’s Best Hip Hop and R&B. We are seeking a passionate, positive and goal-oriented individual. The ideal candidate must be able to generate excellent content to distribute on-air and on-line. Candidate will be expected to be connected to the community, and available for a minimum of two promotional & non-revenue appearances monthly. The On-Air Talent and Digital Lead produces and executes an on air radio show that is entertaining and informative to the listening audience. The on air personality would be based in Charleston and broadcast live on Z93 Jamz at 93.3FM.
Cumulus | Charleston currently features 5 stations in the Charleston area and surrounding
counties. Our stations include: Z93 WWWZ-FM Urban Contemporary, 1250 WTMA-AM Talk Radio, 107.3-FM Magic our Urban Adult Contemporary Station, 95SX WSSX-FM plays Top 40 music, and 96.9 The WOLF is Classic Hits. The cluster of 5 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily
What we offer:
· Competitive pay
· Professional growth and career path
· Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask
“what if” and try innovative solutions
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
· 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
On Air duties:
A 5 hour on-air show weekdays 10-3pm with an additional weekend on air shift, including
production, and digital lead duties are a part of the daily responsibilities. Must have a good
speaking voice and be able to communicate to at-work listeners. You will be live Monday
through Friday and available to do appearances as required. Ideal candidate must be great
at creating compelling content. Experience with wide orbit, Adobe Audition and basic
business software/hardware (Microsoft Word) are requirements.
· Prepares and creates a topical show by gathering information from the internet
periodicals, computer and television. Writes script, contest and interview questions.
Memorizes script, reads, or adlibs to identify station, introduce and close shows,
and announce station breaks, commercials, or public service information.
· Responsible for downloading special programs and broadcast materials as
requested by Program Director.
· Operates control console. Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and
any other programming elements essential to the station’s operations are aired.
· Records interviews of guest, musical or other famous or public personalities, and
edits interviews. Interviews guest, and moderates panel discussion show to
· Answer phone lines and interviews members of listening audience who telephone
musical requests. Airs contests according to the specifications of the program
Production and Promotional Activities:
· Performs daily commercial production.
· Attend community/station events paid and unpaid in support of branding the radio
· Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong
personal community involvement.
· Attend live broadcast and promotions and station remotes. Provides live reports
from site of events.
· Performs additional duties in production, assisting program director, Plays music as
specified by the program/music director and music log.
· Fill in as needed for additional on-air shifts.
As Digital Lead your responsibilities will include:
· Be responsible for achieving digital based goals such as web traffic, streaming, and
social media as laid out by the station’s Program Director
· Drive the station’s social media initiatives including leading staff training, best
practices, and collaborative creative sessions.
· Daily social media posts
· Execute local text based initiatives such as promotional Text Blasts and local
· Compose and deliver promotional email newsletters on a weekly basis
· Responsible for occasional social media posting after office hours for special events
or breaking news (ex: TV Music Awards, local evening concerts, popular artist
Minimum of 2 year commercial radio experience is required, no exceptions. This is not an
entry level position. Candidate must have an ideal mix of personality and skills specific to
the broadcast industry. Must have confidence and temperament to meet and interact daily
with listeners and clients on the phone and at public events. Good client customer relations skills are a must. Must work well with other on-air talent, listeners, promotions teams and
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please visit https://www.cumulusmedia.com/work-here/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer