Floor Crew - AM Shift
Posted on 2019-06-21
By KOB-TV Hubbard Broadcasting
Mountains, streams, deserts, ancient ruins, world-class art, varied culture and a crazy-good brew and food scene. That’s the New Mexico life KOB 4 employees enjoy every day. The variety represented in our state drives a news organization that covers a wide range of stories
from award-winning investigations and special projects to heart-touching profiles of people and real life issues you won’t find anywhere else.
Sound good? Come live in an amazing state and join the KOB 4 team as we proudly “Stand 4 New Mexico”!
Job Overview: This position is responsible for all of the studio production elements as well as the operation of studio cameras and production
equipment for live and recorded television newscasts and shows.
- Partner with peers, on-air talent, producers, directors, managers, and members of the public to help ensure a professional TV newscast/show is produced.
- Operate and move TV cameras (studio and remote), teleprompter.
- Floor direct for live and pre-recorded productions following scripts, verbal commands and non-verbal cues.
- Communicate clearly and quickly using verbal and non-verbal cues to talent.
- Assist talent as directed by supervisor. Aid in the preparation of scripts and materials for productions.
- Set-up props, furniture and other items including building, lifting, arranging, lighting and cabling needed for production. Tear down, clean, and removal of same.
- Communicate supply and material needs.
- Maintain studio by cleaning, vacuuming, floor buffing, storage, maintenance, and organizing equipment and set materials.
- Respond and work well in a crisis and during breaking news. Handle last minute and unexpected changes. Communicate quickly and clearly to others.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours. Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed. May travel and work on location but only on a very limited basis and in special circumstances.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- High school diploma, on-the-job experience or 4 year degree in Communications. Prior television production experience helpful.
- Must have knowledge of broadcast production equipment, techniques and language or be able to learn.
- Ability to work well with people while handling stressful situations. Ability to work effectively in a high intensity environment.
- Computer experience needed.
- Must be able to work various hours including nights, weekends, and holidays. Schedules may vary.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Work with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys, cameras, teleprompter and board controls as well as general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Wear headset during course of work.
- Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction. Ability to think critically and quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Above average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping.
- Climbs ladders.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. alone.
The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer