Posted on 2019-06-19
By WHNT-TV Tribune Broadcasting
WHNT, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a weekend Meteorologist to work in our Huntsville location.
The Meteorologist will have experience reporting on severe weather and will be able to use a broad range of technology. This position will pitch, shoot and write weather-related stories, and will utilize social media tools for expanding weather coverage.
- Present weather forecasts for broadcast and digital platforms
- Report from the field/do live shots on stories related to weather, environment, community events, etc.
- Pitch, shoot, write and edit weather/science-related stories for assigned newscasts. Utilize graphics and video as necessary to explain forecasts
- Remain informed on the latest weather data gather/delivery trends
- Respond to breaking and/or severe weather events as required
- Represent the station during community events and station-sponsored activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology or atmospheric science preferred; equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years previous broadcast meteorology experience preferred
- AMS/NWA and/or Certified Board Meteorologist preferred
- Strong on-air presentation; must be credible, personable and passionate
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer