Posted on 2019-06-18
By KOLD World Now
KOLD in Tucson, AZ has an opening for a Multimedia Journalist. Were looking for someone who embraces all aspects of the storytelling process - enterprising, shooting, writing, editing, and presenting on camera. Our crew assignments vary based on the story, so our MMJs must be equally comfortable working with a photographer or alone.
Digital storytelling is a key component of our MMJ duties, so candidates must be skilled in using digital and social tools to enhance stories, gather information, and engage with the audience.
- Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
- Shoot, write, edit and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
- Write and post stories for all digital platforms
- Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
- Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications (Excel) and newsroom editing (Edius)
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a collaborative manner with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
- Flexibility to work varied shifts when necessary, including overnights and weekends
- Perform other duties as assigned
College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer