Weekend AM Weather Anchor-MMJ-KNXV, JR021219
Posted on 2019-06-14
KNXV ABC15, the Scripps ABC affiliate located in Phoenix, is seeking for a talented Weather Anchor/MMJ to join our weekend team. The weekend meteorologist is responsible for preparing and delivering accurate weather reports for our newscasts, as well as reporting the remainder of the week. Candidates must have a strong anchor presence and the ability to deliver copy clearly and with authority. Good live skills are a must.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Prepare and deliver daily weather content utilizing all available weather data and graphics computers.
- Prepare and deliver urgent weather updates interrupting regular programming as necessary.
- Prepare and deliver all weather content over multiple platforms.
- Assist management in evaluations of potential new weather data gathering and presentation computers.
- Report live from event sites.
- Write and produce content for multiple platforms.
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit, produce and post stories for multiple platforms.
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Perform various community service activities for station as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literacy required, including weather and newsroom computer systems.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar editing equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record in compliance with station policy.
Please include a link to your reel to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit www.scripps.com/careers and search for Job Requisition 021219.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer