Specialty Producer-Data Analysis, JR021192
Posted on 2019-06-11
Specialty Producer-Data Analysis
KNXV ABC15, The Scripps ABC affiliate located in Phoenix, is looking for a Specialty Producer-Data Analysis. The successful candidate will utilize their skills to ask questions, dig into data sets, and provide context and direction on a wide variety of news stories. The right candidate will have a keen sense of news judgement and will demonstrate an awareness on how to shape our storytelling to most effectively speak to our key audience targets. If you are interested in testing your skills and growing them alongside nationally recognized journalists, this is the job for you.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Research, develop, and plan investigative stories or special projects. This may include live or prerecorded newscasts/local programs and editing or repurposing existing content to enhance the end product.
- Write scripts as needed; Edit or repurpose existing content.
- Work closely with MMJs, and/or investigative reporters and content producers as stories are produced for multiple platforms.
- May lead investigations, conduct interviews, or be called upon for undercover field work.
- Work with editors to utilize graphics and other tools to visually enhance storytelling.
- May lead special projects, conduct interviews, and enterprise original story ideas.
- May be involved in repurposing existing content to be showcased in a unique way.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- 3+ years’ experience in local news producing, investigative background preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to find, develop and keep sources for stories.
- Troubleshoot and resolve logistical issues.
- Strong, creative writing skills (Broadcast & AP).
- Courage to ask tough questions and hold those with power accountable.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Computer literacy required, with a preference for newsroom computer systems.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Show producing experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit us at https://scripps.com/careers and search for Job Requisition 021192.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer