Posted on 2019-06-03
By Local 22 and Local 44 Nexstar Media Group
Do occluded fronts get your heart racing? Do you like covering stories about science and the environment? Do you like telling people stories? Then WFFF/WVNY-TV in beautiful Burlington, Vermont has the perfect opportunity for you.
This person will be the fourth member of our StormTeam, filling-in for our morning, evening and weekend meteorologists as needed. The weather duties include forecasting weather conditions and producing and anchoring weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to viewers.
As a MMJ you will be required to come up with story ideas on a daily basis and contribute to our editorial meetings.
Experience with the following:
• Producing and presenting weather reports for all platforms.
• Writing and delivering weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assisting in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
• Responding to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Working closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
• Participating in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performing special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writing web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Reporting news stories for broadcast
• Arranging interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Determining a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizing material accordingly
• Pitching stories to news managers and news producers relevant to the local community
• Revising work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Shooting and editing news events and news reports
• Ensuring that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Atmospheric Science or Meteorology preferred but not required.
• Fluency in English
• Superior on-air presence
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply online and send their resume and reel to News Director Bob Rockstroh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer