Inventory Control Specialist, JR021048
Posted on 2019-05-23
Inventory Control Specialist
E.W. Scripps is a premier media organization headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are currently seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Inventory Control Specialist to join our Traffic Hub in Phoenix, AZ. The successful candidate will have broadcast experience and be responsible for long-term inventory planning and control; ensuring that advertising logs are scheduled in the appropriate time slot and that the station is not undersold or oversold. Typically supports 2-3 stations/markets.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Analyzes and allocates available commercial inventory.
- Maximizes billing opportunities by evaluating sold and scheduled inventory and adjusting commercial placement.
- Releases ad logs to station.
- Checks orders for incorrect inventory codes, break codes, etc.
- Processes orders.
- Handles clearing orders and working displaced spots for multiple stations.
- Assists with scheduling programming, as needed.
- Works on broadcast traffic systems in entering information necessary for commercial matter on logs.
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by the Hub Manager.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 -- 3 years related experience required.
- Previous broadcast TV experience especially with ad management and broadcast traffic systems (i.e. WideOrbit, OSI etc) highly preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be adaptable and flexible with ability to shift focus on new priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be team oriented and have had past successful experience working in a team environment.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Standard office environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit us at https://scripps.com/careers and search for Job Requisition 021048.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer