Multi-Media Journalist, JR020116
Posted on 2019-05-23
Are you frustrated by reporting just the facts? Do you love to dig in, find interesting characters, and tell a memorable story? If so, ABC15, Phoenix’s ABC Affiliate, is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist. You will be responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content, and editing stories for multiple platforms. You must be a great storyteller!
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
PLEASE include a link to your reel on your resume.
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration.
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories.
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid Drivers License, good driving record and provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
- Driving Required.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit us at https://scripps.com/careers and search for Job Requisition 020116.
Again, PLEASE include a link to your reel on your resume.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer