Posted on 2019-05-21
ABC 15 in Phoenix is seeking a talented photojournalist. The photojournalist will capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms as well as operate satellite news gathering equipment.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
- Work closely with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment
- Drive and operate a Satellite News Gathering (SNG) truck with multiple uplink (analog and digital) and multi-camera production capability
- Maintain satellite uplink logs and reports as required by law
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Drive company vehicle for business purposes
- Utilize graphics software packages for enhanced editing and appealing visual content
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to stations Web sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications:
- Proficiency with lighting and advanced computer-based editing, including Final Cut Pro and AfterEffects
- Proficiency with live microwave truck and SNG truck operations
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
- Interested? Please apply at scripps.com/careers. Include a link to your reel on your resume.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit us at https://scripps.com/careers and search for Job Requisition 021123. Include a link to your reel on your resume.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer