Office Administrator Development Assistant
Posted on 2019-05-13
By KAJX-FM Aspen Public Radio
The primary role of the Office Administrator / Development Assistant at Aspen Public Radio is to
support the basic business operations of the organization and the administrative functions of Aspen Public Radio’s development and fundraising efforts. This position will report to the Development and Community Engagement Manager. Our culture is friendly and familiar, but professional with high standards. We work hard, we play hard.
- Assist the Development and Community Engagement Manager by coordinating the annual membership drives, entering donor information into a database (Donor Perfect) and sending/printing scripts and informational sheets for on-air staff (non-traditional hours may be required for these times).
- Secure items for giveaways/pledge promotions/member benefits.
- Manage membership database, including data entry and producing reports as requested.
- Book venues for events, hotels, etc. for visiting talent; coordinate ads and promotions including on-air and online; manage ticket sales and other event logistics.
- Maintain and update the National Council webpage, donor web page, general station webpages and board contact lists – training provided.
- Process incoming donations of membership, grants and foundation gifts.
- Produce/assemble required information for grant reporting and grant writing.
- Administrative support of Executive Director’s efforts in major giving and fundraising.
- Execute all donor mailings, including solicitation, thank-you letters and end-of-year tax receipts.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of database and QuickBooks records.
- Management and execution of our weekly station e-newsletter and our quarterly major donor e-newsletter.
- Assist Development and Community Engagement Manager as needed.
- Manage all incoming mail including all accounts receivable in an orderly and systematic fashion.
- Provide reception services for walk-in visitors and phone reception.
- Manage the Aspen Public Radio office--including purchasing, receiving, filing, invoice coding, copying documents and general office organization and operations.
- Assist Executive Director in preparing for board and/or other meetings; take comprehensive minutes at all board meetings.
- Assist Executive Director with annual audit, including keeping documents current throughout the year in preparation.
- Provides support at station event functions, meetings and pledge drives (non-traditional hours will be required on occasion).
- Voice work in recorded underwriting and/or promotional spots may be requested – training provided.
- Traffic (the documents/system created that manages our program schedule and interstitials) - Assemble the daily logs through the Allegiance software, enter sales contracts, proof read and enter copy assigned to contracts – training provided.
- Provide administrative support to Underwriting/Sales Director and Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year progressively responsible duties in customer service, office or sales support position required. Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, successful management of multiple tasks and solid communication skills are required. Successful results of a criminal background check are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Prefer two or more years’ progressively responsible duties in customer service, office or sales support position. Demonstrated experience with donor/customer relations. Knowledge of marketing and experience with database software a plus.
SALARY RANGE: $52,000 - $55,000 (Depending on the qualifications, the salary is negotiable.)
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with OfficeAdministrator/Development Assistant in the subject line. Application deadline is June 15th, 2019. Nophone calls please.
This is a full-time salaried position. Aspen Public Radio offers full-time staff benefits including
employer-paid health insurance, 401k match, and paid vacation. Ski pass and bus pass financing, shared free passes to world-class events such as the Aspen Film Festival, Aspen Institute Ideas Festival and Classical Music Festival are provided. This position is based at our Aspen, CO studios.
Aspen Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer