WMMQ Morning Host
Posted on 2019-04-11
By WFMK, WITL, WMMQ, WJIM-FM, WJIM-AM, WVFN-AM Townsquare Media Lansing
Townsquare Media Lansing, MI includes well-known brands like 99.1 WFMK, 100.7 WITL, Lansing’s Big Talker 1240 WJIM, 97.5 NOW-FM, 94.9 WMMQ and The Game 730AM WVFN.
Townsquare Media Lansing, Michigan has an extremely rare opportunity to join our on-air lineup at America’s First Classic Rock Station, 94.9 WMMQ as Morning Show Co-Host. If you have an outgoing personality and enjoy entertaining we want to talk with you!
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute content to the station’s website and other digital platforms, and the successful candidate must be able to connect and engage with the station’s target audience by keeping up with relevant trends and pop culture.
This person wants to be in Lansing, and is eager to build relationships and value in our community.
This person also wants to be a part of a successful and growing Radio Company who highly values our brands, our talent and our family of employees. We take great pride in winning with radio, digital and live events.
If you do too, please attach a cover letter, resume, references and MP3 demo.
• Must have superior knowledge of current events and ability to create radio topics based on news & information
• Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, website blogs and social media outlets
• Create a minimum of 10 radio station website blogs per week
• Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media outlets
• Conducts on-air interviews, attend and assist in all market cluster live events
• Monitors and identifies important news issues within the community
• Produce commercials on a daily basis
• Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special promotions and programming activities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills
• Public speaking skill and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels and to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
• Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment
Education and Licensing Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Must possess valid state driver’s license
- May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
HOW TO APPLY:
please send cover letter, resume, references, and MP3 Demo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer