KTUU-TV, Digital News Producer/Reporter
Posted on 2019-04-10
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Digital News Producer/Reporter
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
For 40 years, Channel 2 has been Alaska’s most watched news source. The station has built a reputation of excellence, producing more than 22-hours of news, weather and sports content each week on television. Online, KTUU.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2’s mobile News, Weather and live streaming applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Our strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state’s capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. And, we have recently moved into a state-of-the-art media facility in Anchorage, built to deliver Alaska’s finest HD broadcasts and serve as a springboard into a dynamic future.
The Digital Content Producer/Reporter gathers, writes, reports, and edits news stories for all digital platforms and extensions with a compelling, easy to understand delivery; generates story ideas for digital and TV coverage; provides unique coverage; posts stories and additional multi-media content to all digital platforms, including social media extensions. Appearances on television as a reporter are also expected. This position may also be called upon to shoot and live stream press conferences or breaking news events as warranted.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Use bullet points & Listed duties):
• Use writing skills across all platforms, both digital and broadcast
• Write and post website stories, videos, photos & multimedia content
• Disperse breaking news with urgency via text/mobile/web and broadcast
• Strong emphasis on professional social media skills as related to journalism
• Clear, accurate, conversational delivery style while reporting on-air and appearing on digital platforms
• Make phone calls and work with other reporters/news makers to generate content for all platforms and broadcast
• Create eye-catching visuals to increase digital and social media engagement
• Develop and maintains sources for online and on-air reporting
• Participate in story pitch process; attendance at editorial meetings is required
• Be able to write clearly and accurately, strong familiarity of AP Style Book
• Be able to write clearly and accurately
• Strong familiarity of AP Style Book
• Must possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
• Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories for the web
• Able to produce and post content to our websites
• Understanding of Current Events and Sports
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer