Posted on 2019-04-04
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WAFB-TV is the CBS affiliate located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We service a 13-parish area in Louisiana and 3 counties in Mississippi. WAFB-TV is seeking a producer for our 10pm weekday newscasts. This position also requires producing our 6pm newscasts twice per week.
Candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom.
esponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Successful candidate must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment.
- Must have the excellent writing skills. We seek someone who values present and future tenses in writing news stories, as well as active voice, visual language, and audio/video connection.
- Must be capable of creating content from sources beyond wires and feed (ex. Social Media, Court Records, reliable online publications) and be eager to add live pictures to coverage.
- Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air. Producer will have strong working relationship with director.
- Candidate must be able to work long hours covering breaking news on the air and online, including holidays and weekends.
Qualifications: College degree. Degree in journalism field preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings. Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.