Posted on 2019-04-01
By KOB-TV Hubbard Broadcasting
KOB 4 in Albuquerque is looking for a photographer to shoot video and edit news stories for newscasts on a daily basis.
- Work solo and with anchors, reporters, producers and assignment desk to shoot quality, compelling video for daily news, weather, sports, specials, and station websites under tight deadlines.
- Edit stories in-studio and in the field using Avid and Adobe Premier Pro non-linear editing software.
- Operate different live technologies, including microwave and satellite trucks, LiveU and Dejero systems.
- Work with reporters to develop stories using video and natural sound to "tell" quality stories.
- Respond and work well in a crisis and during breaking news.
- Handle last minute and unexpected changes, including extra work days and extended shifts.
- Communicate quickly and clearly to assignment desk, news managers, and necessary staff and talent.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner when representing the station and the news department.
- Prior experience at a network-affiliated news operation preferred.
- Must be proficient with current broadcast cameras and non-linear editing equipment.
- Ability to work alone and with a reporter.
- Must be reliable and able work additional hours if needed as well as travel as required.
- Must possess valid drivers license and clean driving record as determined by the Company.
- Good news judgment and thorough understanding of daily news content.
- Ability to read, write and speak English well.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn and run ENG trucks required.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in extreme weather (heat and cold) and landscape conditions. Must be able listen to and respond verbally to others in English. Must have manual dexterity to operate camera and editing equipment. Must be able to move quickly inside and outside on uneven, unfamiliar terrain and areas. Work under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments including outdoors and in extreme weather conditions. Must be able to drive news vehicles. Able to stand for long periods of time.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer