Multimedia Journalist/News Producer
Posted on 2019-03-22
By WUVG TV Channel 34 WUVG TV Channel 34
Univision Local Media/Atlanta is seeking a creative journalist who can work across all of our dynamic platforms, who is able and willing to engage our viewers and online users on a daily basis. A journalist who is highly skilled, self-starter who is able to produce, shoot and edit stories under deadline pressure. Responsible for presenting accurate, balanced news stories, for shooting, editing, writing, and presenting accurate, balanced daily news stories, as well as, news producing rundowns for the station’s newscasts. The right candidate will work as a one-person operation and be responsible for reporting, shooting and editing news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets. Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products. The right candidate must be able to shoot and edit, be active in social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds. Must work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude. Candidate might be required to build Sports segments for newscasts.
• Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, edit and report ‘live’ assigned stories daily.
• Must know social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds.
• Prepares newscast rundown on I-news computer system.
• Supervises writing and pre-production of each element of the newscast including all anchor-read stories and reporter full tracks, video editing and graphics.
• Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
• Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
• Required to work afternoons and evenings, and must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Other duties as deemed necessary
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 2-year experience reporting in television or any other media platforms with an emphasis on “live” studio and “in-the-field” reporting.
• Bilingual - fluency in English and Spanish with excellent and grammatically accurate Spanish language skills – both written and oral is required.
• Must have experience in developing contacts, producing hard news stories, working alone.
• Must be able to interpret and translate from English to Spanish accurately.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of news production equipment and editing software (Final Cut Pro and/or Avid).
• Effective news writing and storytelling ability.
• Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
• Candidate must have strong journalistic standards and ethics.
• Work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
Desired Skills & Experience
• A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field from accredited University
• Must be able to perform well under pressure, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to changes.
• Must be organized, highly motivated and results-oriented.
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have and maintain a good driving record.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer