Board Operator (On-Call)
Posted on 2019-03-20
By KOSI, KYGO, KKFN, KEPN Bonneville
Greenwood Village, CO
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Bonneville Denver is seeking board operators to operate the on-air studio console and assure accurate broadcasts for their KKFN radio stations.
- Website and podcasting
- Modifying audio during the show as content organically develops
- Modifying audio from various sources
- Editing On Air Host LIVEs
- Producing spots in V-Creative
- Focused operation of on-air console
- Air commercials per program log
- Screen listener calls for talk programs during shifts not utilizing a producer
- Monitor and maintain an accurate on-air sound, notify engineering/programming on problems, insure commercials, on-air imaging and production elements run properly on the air
- Double check that audio elements are problem-free, before they air
- Communicate and be a part of shows with hosts, anchors and producers on upcoming elements. Occasionally assist producer. Give time cues.
- Report equipment problems, update discrepancy reports to communicate any occurrence that departs from program log or quality goals
- Cross-training on other shifts in the event of scheduling emergencies
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years news/talk/sports radio control room work.
- Digital/website experience helpful.
- Ability to drive company vehicles for remote broadcasts (valid drivers license and clean driving record required).
- Understand and adhere to FCC rules and regulations regarding proper execution of EAS tests, Amber Alerts and other emergency on air notifications, use of digital delay to adhere to obscenity policy.
- For Music stations, execute proper station formats as instructed by the Program Director
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disabilityPWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer