KSL Sports Anchor
Posted on 2019-03-19
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
KSL Sports is seeking a dynamic TV sports anchor with strong digital skills to report/anchor in the studio and from the field. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of local sports, and the journalistic skills to conduct in-depth interviews (live and taped). Were looking for someone with passion and focus to join a growing team and a dominant brand in the Salt Lake market.
- Show commitment to a digital-first mentality with consistent contributions to KSLSports.com and KSL Sports social platforms
- Anchor sportscasts and perform dynamic "live shots"
- Research, investigate, edit and write compelling sports stories
- Conduct necessary live and taped interviews
- Write and produce sportscasts for yourself and others
- Meet all deadlines on-air and online
- Ensure a balanced and ethical presentation of news and information
- Work with News, Production, Promotions, and Engineering on daily broadcasts, special reports/features and sweeps
- Participate in community and station-driven events
- Act professionally and courteously and dress appropriately for the event(s) assigned to cover
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must demonstrate leadership and an ability to collaborate with others
- Must produce coverage that is accurate and ethical
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills to unify our sports team and make the best use of our resources
- Strong local and national sports and news knowledge
- Willingness to accept responsibility and work under minimal supervision
- Valid drivers license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Bachelors Degree, Broadcast journalism preferred
- A minimum of three years of professional on-air experience as a sports anchor and/or reporter
- Effectively receive, process, and maintain information in English through oral and/or written communication
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Override URL: https://deseretmanagement.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BonSaltLake/job/SLC-Triad-Center/KSL-Sports-Anchor_R1549
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer