Digital Content Producer
Posted on 2019-03-14
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
ABC4 News is seeking a Digital Content Producer to write, create and produce; solicit and coordinate; and upload content on ABC4.com and ABC 4 News’ other digital and social platforms. This ambitious person will work with ABC4 producers and ABC4 News’ digital/website staff to develop and produce content, features, and elements that reflect digital and audience development and growth strategies. This person will work under deadlines, and utilize judgement, research, writing, and fact-checking skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and pitch original content for ABC4.com related to, but not limited to, ABC4 News programming, news and public interest stories related to the arts and to classical and fine arts music and interactive features.
- Utilize a mix of traditional and digital storytelling elements including video, audio, text, still photography, slideshows, visitor interaction, and more.
- Manage and implement all aspects of productions process for text, video, audio, and other web-based assets from preproduction planning to shooting to editing to publishing. Use CMS and other digital publishing tools; write headlines, teasers and other display copy.
- Upload content; make routine changes and updates to site-wide content.
- Clear all rights and permissions for acquired material; acquire and document permissions and clearances.
- Extend content to social media and other distribution platforms with the goal of growing audience and pushing new audience to website.
- Gather, analyze and report on metrics of content produced and utilize analytics to devise and communicate content strategy; help evaluate effectiveness of current digital presence, interpret site-use statistics, research improvements and alternatives, and implement change.
- Help assign and oversee work of related support and intern staff.
- Research, report, and fact check all content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Audition, Premiere, and open source Content Management Systems desired.
- Proven online writing and journalism skills a must.
- Demonstrated experience researching and fact checking online content.
- Familiarity with or interest in narrative and online storytelling; keen interest in interactive presentation a must.
- Ability to manage multiple content projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a group under pressure and meet all deadlines.
- Understanding of journalistic ethics and procedure a must.
- Ability to work nimble under deadline pressure in a collaborative environment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer