Posted on 2019-03-13
By KOBI-TV NBC 5/KOTI-TV NBC 2
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for a newscast producer for our NBC5 newscasts. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume. News experience is not required but preferred.
Our benefits package includes: Medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, flex spending account, life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and writing original reports
- Working well with anchors, reporters and directors.
This position works 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. To qualify for this position, you must have:
- College degree and/or equivalent experience
- Writing, editing, organizational and reporting skills
- The ability to work with the news team
KOBI-TV NBC5 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3 year driving record check, and a 7 year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email or to the physical address below:
Craig Smullin, News Director
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
- The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
- The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
- Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer