KWHL-FM, On Air Personality
Posted on 2019-03-08
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Alpha Media – Alaska is seeking a talented Morning Show Co-Host for KWHL-FM.
The ideal candidate is an on-air personality with at least one year of experience who is capable of wearing many hats on the programming team, is able to assist with the promotions department, and has a passion for radio. The right person understands the interaction between the talent, clients, and audience at live remotes, appearances, station events, and on-air are a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports
and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates multiple radio stations
across the United States covering all formats. We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
• Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
• Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
• Introduces programs and music
• Reads commercial copy and public service announcements
• Operate control console.
• Conduct on-air interviews.
• Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
• Evaluates content of music, monitors listener feedback and recommends
• Conducts on-air interviews
• May act as Master of Ceremonies for public and/or private events
• Requires creativity, innovation, original thought in the performance of on-air
• Retains current knowledge of all relevant social media platforms, shall
engage fully in providing, producing and updating content on all active digital
platforms and shall use social referrals in driving listener traffic to all company
social media sites.
• Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
· Requirements of this position include the following:
• A minimum of one year on-air experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
• Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
• Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
• Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
• Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a
• Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
• Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related
• Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
• Must be creative and innovative with a strong work ethic.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus
• Prior broadcast industry experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo,
include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website,
upload your demo in YouTube and provide the link.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing
entity go to www.alphamediausa.com/careers and submit your cover letter and
resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer