KSL TV Motion Graphic Designer
Posted on 2019-03-06
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We`re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
KSL TV is seeking a motion graphic designer to join the graphics team and contribute through creating and designing graphics and animations for daily news shows and other programming and events. The designer will have the opportunity to grow and develop as a key member of the art department.
This shift is scheduled week nights M-F 2PM 10:30 PM but is subject to change and may vary based on needs of the company.
- Concept, design and create compelling graphics and animations for daily news shows including over-the shoulder keys, on-set graphics, opens, lower thirds, wipes, and package animations using 2D/3D camera tracking and compositing
- Design graphics and animations for special series, documentaries, promos, sales, community events, on-air package graphics, logos and print ads
- Work closely with other members of design team on graphics requests
- Willing to learn and develop skills on new software and broadcast equipment
- Work with producers, reporters, directors and production staff to create a professional look and maintain accuracy in all graphics
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demo reel is required
- College degree in graphic design and/or animation, related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing and animating 2D/3D graphics
- Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Broadcast and Cinema 4D experience a plus
- Strong typography skills
- Strong foundation in motion design, animation, tracking and compositing
- Positive, self-starter, capable of performing under pressure and making good decisions, particularly during peak hours
- Willing to accept responsibilities and able to work under minimal supervision
- Work effectively both in a team environment and individually
- Consistently work hours required to meet deadlines, including evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
- Able to sit for long periods of time and to stay awake and alert during late shifts
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disabilityPWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer