Posted on 2019-02-27
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WDSU-TV has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director/Technical Director. The Newscast/Technical Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production, with all technical staff, including the Producer, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering. Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
· Directing broadcast newscasts.
· Punch/Switch the show via the Studio Production Switcher
· Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
· Be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast.
· Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
· MOS and basic computer network understanding.
· Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
· Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
· The position requires shift flexibility. Shift may include early mornings and weekend duties.
· Newscast Director will also be required to post to website as well.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
· Related military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered.
· 4 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts
· Must also have experience with production switchers, video servers, and audio and studio equipment.
· Equivalent military experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer