On-Air Morning Show Host
Posted on 2019-02-27
By KALV-FM, KOOL-FM and KMLE-FM Entercom
Entercom Radio has an immediate opening for a KALV-FM PT On-Air Morning Show Host.
LIVE 101.5 Phoenix (KALV-FM) & The Morning Mess, have an exciting opportunity for you to join the biggest morning show in the Valley of the Sun.
If you have an outgoing personality and enjoy entertaining we want to talk with you!
Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, is a self-starter, highly organized, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment!
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute content to the stations website and YouTube channel, and successful candidates must be able to connect and engage with the stations target audience by keeping up with relevant trends and pop culture.
- Write, Produce, and execute on-air content pertaining to The Morning Mess brand.
- Conducts on-air interviews, attend and assist in all market cluster live events
- Monitors and identifies important news issues within the community and manage public file
- Produce commercials on a daily basis
- Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special promotions and programming activities
- Must have superior knowledge of current events and ability to create radio topics based on news & information
- Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, website blogs and social media outlets
- Create a minimum of 12 radio station website blogs per week
- Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media outlets
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills
- Public speaking skill and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels and to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment
- PREVIOUS ON AIR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (CHR or Rhythmic Format is Preferred)*
Education and Licensing Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Must possess valid state drivers license
- May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please have interested candidates visit our web site at https://entercom.avature.net/careers/JobDetail?id=13636 to apply.
Consistent with our Equal Opportunity Program, we request that you advise us of any candidate, including disabled persons, minorities or women, you believe may be qualified for this position and advise interested parties to apply as indicated.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer