Posted on 2019-02-21
By KRQE-TV New Mexico Fox KBIM-TV KREZ-TV Nexstar
KRQE Media Group a CBS Affiliate in Albuquerque, NM is searching for a talented news photographer/editor to join our Investigative Special Assignment news team. The photographer/editor will shoot and edit investigative type stories. This position will require the person to do research, potentially go undercover, and help craft compelling investigative news stories.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must know how to edit compelling, high graphic, and entertaining/investigative stories.
- Shoot news video stories, including daily news, special news, features, sports and live events.
- Takes direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel.
- Maintains and operates camera equipment as well as company vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Maintains positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
- Responds positively to feedback.
- Ability to edit raw video to newscast form in a manner to complete the story for the viewer.
- Proficient in social networking sites: Twitter, Facebook.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must present professional image as a representation of the station at all times.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related field preferred. Minimum of 2 years video photography in a medium or major market TV News station preferred.
Training/Equipment: Operate live trucks and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Must be able to operate computer and editing machine. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your resume online at https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com. Search for Requisition ID #2019-4330. The application deadline is open until the position has been filled.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer