Maine Public Classical Music Host - Part-Time
Posted on 2019-02-21
By WMEA-FM, WMEH-FM, WCBB-TV
Classical Music Host - Part-Time
Join the Maine Public Classical team to help spread the joy of classical music to Maine! Maine Public is seeking part-time (16 - 25 hours per week) Classical Music Hosts for weekday mornings and/or weekend morning shifts. This is an exciting opportunity to join our new and growing classical network as Maine Public Classical steps up to preserve - and grow appreciation for - classical music here in Maine and connect a very loyal audience to our state’s vibrant arts communities!
Every day Maine Public connects the people of Maine and our region to each other and to the world through the open exchange of information, ideas, and cultural content.
Maine Public is a dynamic nonprofit organization with a broad reach across Maine, into New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and most of New Brunswick, Canada. Through its radio, television, educational, and Web services, Maine Public provides ideas, information and lifelong learning to a diverse public. The majority of these services are available to everyone at no charge. Hundreds of thousands of people find value in Maine Public’s services every day.
-Equal Opportunity Employer-
- Working with Music Director Robin Rilette, the Hosts will bring an engaging, personable, positive, reassuring, informal, friendly hosting style to the airwaves, sharing the best that classical music has to offer to satisfy both the seasoned classical music connoisseur and the new listener to classical music.
- Our hosts keep our loyal listeners aware of the exciting cultural events happening around Maine!
- When not on the air, duties include participation in organizational events, occasional fundraising, representing Maine Public Classical at concerts and events around the state, and working to maintain and digitize the classical music library.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong familiarity with all styles and genres of classical music, and solid foreign language pronunciation skills required.
- At least two years’ broadcasting experience, including experience with classical music program announcing/production/hosting required.
- Efficient broadcast (radio) production capabilities required.
- Competent computer and digital skills required; knowledge of current digital broadcast applications and automation helpful.
- Attention to detail and good organizational, communication (including public speaking) and computer skills required.
- Familiarity with social media applications helpful.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for public broadcasting classical music audience-building techniques preferred.
- Familiarity with Maine’s fine arts and music performance organizations helpful.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for this position online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and two digital audio files:
by Sunday, March 24, 2019
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer