KSL TV Anchor/Reporter
Posted on 2019-02-20
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
KSL TV 5 is seeking an experienced, dynamic reporter with exceptional communication skills to develop and report on stories in the field, host digital exclusive programming and provide other feature coverage as needed. The successful candidate will have the skills and knowledge necessary to conduct in-depth interviews (live and taped), and be able to execute compelling storytelling on multiple platforms, including print and social media.
- Enterprise, gather and write accurate content for on-air special programming, news broadcasting and digital presentation
- Anchor digital exclusive news content
- Tell memorable stories in an engaging and authentic manner
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
- Write and post on all digital platforms including social media
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate effectively to create compelling content
- Act professionally and courteously and dress appropriately for the event(s) assigned to cover
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial TV broadcast journalism/reporting experience
- Deep understanding of the local market
- College degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent experience
- Willingness to accept responsibility and work under minimal supervision
- Ability to use initiative and show innovation in problem solving
- Self-starter, capable of performing under pressure particularly during peak hours to meet job deadlines as the services performed affect the ability of others in the department to do their work
- Valid drivers license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Project and appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Override URL: https://deseretmanagement.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BonSaltLake/job/SLC-Triad-Center/KSL-TV-Anchor-Reporter_R1454
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer